Author Topic: I hope nobody knows what Muir looks like...  (Read 12390 times)

Antibubba

• friend
I hope nobody knows what Muir looks like...
« on: September 16, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
...because it will make it easier for him to stay in hiding:

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/

shocked
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Strings

Re: I hope nobody knows what Muir looks like...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »
I know, I know... it's against the rules of Islam to portray the Prophet. But it IS a pretty good likeness... Wink

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »
But certain likenesses are more provocative than others.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 04:41:16 AM »
I would not want to be his life insurance company.
Too bad, I enjoy his strip.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 04:58:26 AM »
Wow.

That's bold.
One day at a time.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 05:07:44 AM »
On the one hand, I'm glad he's sticking out his tongue at the people that get violent about "blasphemous" cartoons, daring them to do something.

On the other hand, it's an unnecessary offense to millions of peace-loving Muslims. 

The real question is whether this represents real bravery on his part, or just a bid for publicity.  Is he in real danger, now?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 05:55:45 AM »
On the one hand, I'm glad he's sticking out his tongue at the people that get violent about "blasphemous" cartoons, daring them to do something.

On the other hand, it's an unnecessary offense to millions of peace-loving Muslims. 

The real question is whether this represents real bravery on his part, or just a bid for publicity.  Is he in real danger, now?

Thats what I was wondering.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 05:58:21 AM »
Well, remember the guy that had the Koran shoot? He got death threats.

So, I'd say that odds are, he's getting threats...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 07:15:38 AM »
More permanent link to the cartoon as it's changed today: http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/2007/09/16/

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

This is two points of agreement between us now.  A sign of the endtimes or what?

The fact is, by insulting Islam, you are much more likely in America to make lots of money and get interviews on CNN, than you are to be killed or injured.  It's not a high risk occupation-it's a fairly decent business.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
If it's okay to portray Jesus Christ as a character in an obscene cartoon and not be subject to violence, violent threats, lawsuits etc., it must also be just as acceptable to draw Mohammed's head on a pig's body, which is far less offensive than the portrayals of Christ I have seen.