Author Topic: Bush The Patsy: Part III  (Read 29474 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Bush The Patsy: Part III
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:12:27 PM »
Who is Michael Mukasey?  Why should Bush have pulled basically a non-entity, and an advisor to Giuliani at that, to head Justice, at a time when that dept needs all the help it can get?
He hoped to win kudos for being "bipartisan."  As a result he will get mediocrity.  If he had picked Ted Olson he might have won some respect.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070917/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/attorney_general;_ylt=At5cTq_hmUO3U1nvja6Llzis0NUE
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Bush The Patsy: Part III
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:01:17 AM »
He couldn't pick Ted Olson. He helped Bush steal the election in 2000! cool
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
Hello?

New Political section for threads like this?

Hello? HELLO?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 08:11:51 AM »
Hello?

New Political section for threads like this?

Hello? HELLO?

Hello?  Similar threads Part I and II are in the other forum.  Consistency anyone?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »
Those were started BEFORE the Politics Place opened for business.

The only thing those threads share is a name. They're not intrinsically linked in such a manner that separating them across forums will cause great bewilderment, distress, cohabitation of cats and dogs, or a plague of locusts.

All new political threads will be placed in The Politics Place.

Those that are placed elsewhere will be subject to being moved or deleted.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »
Ho-Kay.  But don't blame me when some guy starts asking what happened to Parts I and II.

Does no one really have a comment on the substance of this?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
"But don't blame me when some guy starts asking what happened to Parts I and II."

Why do you think we keep fistful around?

He's a built in blame magnet.

Paddy

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
So?  Bush has consistently made wimpy dumb ass appointment choices since the beginning, and that was when he had a Repub majority in Congress, which he and the GOP have since blown.

He's the 'decider', let him decide.

This particular nightmare will be over January 20, 2009.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
This particular nightmare will be over January 20, 2009.
Just in time for the new nightmare to start...

Chris

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:17:28 AM »
He was on a list the Dems sent him regarding acceptable nominees to SCOTUS.  Seems reason enough to disqualify, in my more cynical moments.

GWB seems to be too tired to fight the good fight for conservative issues and all to eager to spend his remaining political capital on RINOS, social engineering, and sops to the left.

He didn't fall too far from the tree. 

Quote from: mtnbiker
Just in time for the new nightmare to start...

I assume you mean Hillary.  Assume she gets one term...

Remember, his brother Jeb also has a hankerin' to be POTUS.

We could (theoretically) have 20 years' worth of Bush POTUS  and 12 years of Clinton POTUS in the White house in the matter of 32 years.

GHWB 1988-1992
Bill Clinton 1992-2000
GWB 2000-2008
Hillary 2008-2012
Jeb 2012-2020

And then there is George P Bush, Jeb's son, who is supposedly being groomed for the family business...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »
President Bush really isn't a conservative across the board.

He is a big government Republican with some conservative positions and leanings.

I am thankful for his two conservative Supreme Court nominees, very thankful.

Where are parts 1 and 2? Did you forget to post them Rabbi?  <ducks for cover as he irritates Mike and The Rabbi simultaneously>

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
President Bush really isn't a conservative across the board.

He is a big government Republican with some conservative positions and leanings.

I am thankful for his two conservative Supreme Court nominees, very thankful.

Where are parts 1 and 2? Did you forget to post them Rabbi?  <ducks for cover as he irritates Mike and The Rabbi simultaneously>

You are right. Bush is a pragmatist.  His problem is that he is really a nice guy and wants to be liked.  And he is a nice guy, from everything I've heard.  But that doesn't translate well into effective policy when dealing with Democrats, who are only out to win.
As for the other parts, it was Fistful's fault.

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »
  But that doesn't translate well into effective policy when dealing with Democrats, who are only out to win.

They may well be out only to win, but the Democrats have displayed a notable talent for choosing poor candidates and snatching political defeat from the jaws of victory in most of the time since JFK.  GWB may be nice, but his failures are largely because he's a dumbass not because of effective opposition from the Donkeys.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »
Bush has a proclivity for people who turn out to be "abusers."  Putin.  Bandar.  V. Fox.  Kennedy.  There may be a pill for that.  Then again...

I hear this guy is okay by Schumer.   What more recommendation would Bush need?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Paddy

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
I just heard Reid and Schumer, two of the most liberal partisan Democrats,  heartily welcome Mukasey.  There ya go.

longeyes beat me to it.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »
I just wanna know... Is he dumb as a box of rocks, or an evil genius... I keep hearing both, sometimes in the same paragraph.

Blog under construction

Paddy

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »
You're getting two of them confused.  Bush is the dumb bag of rocks.  Cheney is the evil genius.  Please try to keep up.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
  But that doesn't translate well into effective policy when dealing with Democrats, who are only out to win.

They may well be out only to win, but the Democrats have displayed a notable talent for choosing poor candidates and snatching political defeat from the jaws of victory in most of the time since JFK.  GWB may be nice, but his failures are largely because he's a dumbass not because of effective opposition from the Donkeys.

But they win in the politics game, not necessarily in elections.  The succeeded in blocking many of Bush's judicial nominees, even when they were the minority party.  The succeeded in neutering his Justice dept over stuff that was perfectly legal and a stronger exec would have just rolled over.
And of course they won heavily in the last congressional races.

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »
Well, I agree with you in part.  The Democrats did score those victories over Bush that you listed.  I still attribute that more to him being a poorly suited to be POTUS than to any superior ability to play politics on the part of the Dems, though.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
Well, I agree with you in part.  The Democrats did score those victories over Bush that you listed.  I still attribute that more to him being a poorly suited to be POTUS than to any superior ability to play politics on the part of the Dems, though.

But they rolled over the GOP in Congress as well.  Frist threatened them and then backed down.  When a GOP member gets in some scandal or other, the GOP lines up demanding his ouster.  When a Dem gets in trouble, well "they all do it."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 06:44:49 AM »
Bush is neither a nice guy nor an evil genius, he is just a rather ordinary rich boy riding on the shoulders of some very powerful people.   He embodies the all too human failings of most mediocre people who should never be anywhere near leadership, and without a lot of help from unseen forces he wouldn't be.  Bush was never a leader, he was kicked into the job by people who don't need to be liked the way Bush does.

Bush is a decider; I'm a derider.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:32 AM »
Bush is neither a nice guy nor an evil genius, he is just a rather ordinary rich boy riding on the shoulders of some very powerful people.   He embodies the all too human failings of most mediocre people who should never be anywhere near leadership, and without a lot of help from unseen forces he wouldn't be.  Bush was never a leader, he was kicked into the job by people who don't need to be liked the way Bush does.

Bush is a decider; I'm a derider.

That's an ad hominem argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »
Very astute.  Ecce homo.

Our confused policy with regards to dealing with a very real Islamofascist threat emanates--in my opinion--from Bush's confused psyche.  I see confusion and ambivalence in almost everything he does.  He has cost us time, treasure, and blood, and his reasons for doing what he does don't convince.  Of course, Rabbi, you're entitled to your own "ad hominem" opinion.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »
Very astute.  Ecce homo.

Our confused policy with regards to dealing with a very real Islamofascist threat emanates--in my opinion--from Bush's confused psyche.  I see confusion and ambivalence in almost everything he does.  He has cost us time, treasure, and blood, and his reasons for doing what he does don't convince.  Of course, Rabbi, you're entitled to your own "ad hominem" opinion.

Why would you attribute it to confusion when in fact Bush faces political realities?  There is what he would ideally like to do and what realistically he can expect to do.  Slamming him for failing to act against "Islamofascism" seems odd when speaking about the guy who launched two wars against terrorism-sponsoring states.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »
There is only one political reality when it comes to fighting for your survival: the necessity of winning.  I don't think Bush is really fighting to win.  Maybe he's too busy celebrating Ramadan with friends of the Bush family.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.