Author Topic: I think Hillary will be the next POTUS  (Read 22422 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: I think Hillary will be the next POTUS
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 01:52:25 PM »
I hope that Hillary gets Ross Perot'd like GB the 1st did. I figure if she is the nominee some of the shrill left will get a really lunatic 3rd party out there and fracture the leftist vote. Hey, I can dream right?  In the mean time I think I'll just start sending Hillary checks, sign them Norman Hsu.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »
It's because the Clinton scandals were so complex that Bill and Hillary were able to figure out how to stay on top. If Bill had $900,000 in the freezer in his home that was given to him as bribes when he was the governor of AR, that would be different.

The Koch Brothers had nothing to do with it either.  Sigh
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »
I don't think Hillary's chances at the POTUS are near that good.  I think she could easily win the nomination, but would struggle to win the POTUS if she did at all.  She already has a huge unfavorable rating among voters.  She would either have to really sell herself or the other candidate would really have to screw up. 

Personally, I don't think Hillary is very good at ad libbing speeches and puts her foot in her mouth often.  I think she will eventually screw the pooch on her own or during the final debates. 

Of course, all that assumes one of the Repub candidates emerges and doesn't screw up on his own.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
A guy I work with is married to a girl from Venezuela.  She is fairly well educated.  I talked to her once and she most definitely did not like all the illegals getting a free ride.  Her husband and her have been married for a few years now and have a little boy.  They still have to make regular visits to the local immigration officials and get an immigration lawyer to help with paperwork.  They are quite fed up with the whole process and bureaucracy. 

The question to me is how many of those illegals and others are going to vote.  Enforcement of voting laws is pretty bad these days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 02:12:31 AM »
I do recall the Clinton election, he won, and after a bit it seems "nobody" would admit voting for him.
I confess, I voted for Clinton once. That was my first and only strategic vote for gridlock. I felt so sullied afterwards that I vowed I wouldn't do it again.
Every aspect of this campaign so far seems too close to call. The immigrant vote is split between those for and against illegals. The Black vote is split between those who feel entitled and those who feel used. The woman vote is split between those who want to make history backing a female and those who wonder how a woman who couldn't run her marriage would run the country.
Interesting times, indeed.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 05:09:15 AM »
The democrats don't have a coherent strategy. They don't have a coherent platform (at least not one that they really make all that public). Their major political message this year is "vote for anyone but a republican."

And it'll probably work.

Blog under construction