Author Topic: Rat Pack is gone - Joey Bishop dead at 89  (Read 1291 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Rat Pack is gone - Joey Bishop dead at 89
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
Comedian and actor Joey Bishop, the last surviving member of the famous "Rat Pack", passed away last night.

Brad

LOS ANGELES   Joey Bishop, the stone-faced comedian who found success in nightclubs, television and movies but became most famous as a member of Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack, has died at 89.

He was the group's last surviving member. Peter Lawford died in 1984, Sammy Davis Jr. in 1990, Dean Martin in 1995, and Sinatra in 1998.

Bishop died Wednesday night of multiple causes at his home in Newport Beach, publicist and longtime friend Warren Cowan said Thursday.

Actual news story is much longer.  The whole article can be seen here...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303278,00.html
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

JohnBT

Re: Rat Pack is gone - Joey Bishop dead at 89
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »
RIP

"It's Frank Sinatra's world, we're just living in it."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »
I never considered Bishop as being part of the Rat Pack anyways. Sinatra, Davis and Martin, THAT was the Rat Pack, the rest were wannabes...  cheesy

See ya Joey, tell the boys we said HI!
Avoid cliches like the plague!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
I remember Joey Bishop subbing for Carson on the Tonight show a couple of times . . . from what little I remember, he was a good guest host.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain