Author Topic: Kid arrested in my class  (Read 7899 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Kid arrested in my class
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 01:03:18 PM »
Rule #1:

Memorize your kill list.  We old-timers had to, what makes you so special?

(No, really, I don't have a kill list.  I have a list of folks I'd like to see spend an unprotected night with Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson, but I've memorized that, too!)  :twisted:
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

45r

Kid arrested in my class
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 02:04:04 PM »
Hey Combat,
Its better to have the AR and not need it than need the AR and not have it..............I dont think it was overkill.

YMMV

45R

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Kid arrested in my class
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 05:19:32 PM »
a good memory was helpful in cheating on tests

In the good old days, that good memory was just used to learn the material...

I once told one of my college professors that I had cheated on a test:  I had actually read the textbook  Cheesy
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Paddy

Kid arrested in my class
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 05:27:59 PM »
Combat Wombat-Was this Atascadero or Paso High School?  I thought you lived in Templeton.

Rico567

Kid arrested in my class
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 09:35:54 AM »
The original point here was that there was overreaction to a tip. Are you living in the same United States I am, where tort law is completely out of control? Can you spell "liability?" If anything DID happen, and the school / cops HADN'T reacted swiftly and with the resources necessary to handle any potential resistance, the lawsuits would be in ten figures. Stop and take an educated guess about how much money is going to change hands after the events of this weekend over the negligence and unpreparedness in and around Fulton County GA.
In a post-Columbine U.S., the incident described sounds to me like a very normal reaction.

As far as the cops being over-gunned, I agree with the previous contributor who said that as long as it's legal for me to own it too, I have no objection to the police having whatever it takes. As for the creeping militarization of the police, that's another -and quite serioius- problem, but one that goes beyond the scope of this thread. The police should be prepared for any possible threat. This stems not only from the N. Hollywood / Bank of America shootout, but the "FBI massacre" in FL which occurred earlier, and which should have produced more changes earlier than it did. If that means cops taking kids out of classrooms armed with M-16s, so be it.