Author Topic: Obama - "no one fires a weapon either for .... violence or as a celebration"  (Read 27282 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Lot and his daughters?!  Of all the juicy stories one could pick - nasty.

But anyway, Micro, you apparently reacted just like Fred Savage's character.  "Eww, kissing."  Tongue

I loved that movie. It was about the dialogue, not CG-fest action.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
You saw the movie about Lot and his daughters?   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
You saw the movie about Lot and his daughters?   laugh

If one exists, I do not want to know anything about it.

I meant Princess Bride, of course.

LAK

• friend
Additionally, he wants an increase of the funds for schools to teach anger management skills for youth between the ages of 5-13
Wonder who wrote this nonsense for him; teaching kids below the age of reason "anger management"?

It's quite simple though; it's called corporal punishment. Even five years olds get the message, even though they don't actually understand why until much later on.

As for "funding", just how much does a cane rod in every school actually cost?

wacki

• friend
Obama is indeed a nightmare come true for those who love freedom. Mangling an out of context quote to try and "prove" that is neither necessary nor effective.

I used the maximum amount of characters available for the title.  As I said in my opening paragraph it is truncated.  If you can think of a better title please educate me.

I have no problem with wishing for a New Year's Eve without either violent crime or idiots "celebrating" by firing in the air.

I'm with you on that one.  But are half the laws discussed in this article really going to prevent that?  I don't think so.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
in England, where Obama says even the police don't carry guns,

"I won't let you make fun of my hat!"

The Annoyed Man

British police don't carry guns? Like hell they don't. They have full-auto HKs.

Remember the Brazilian electrician shot to death in the subway?

"the 27-year-old electrician had already been restrained by a surveillance officer before being shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder"
I read that they've placed an order for quite a lot of H&K MP7's...

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

So they're picking the German weapon over the Belgian weapon (FNH P-90)?....someone's not reading their history books....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend

So they're picking the German weapon over the Belgian weapon (FNH P-90)?....someone's not reading their history books....

9mm is better for putting down citizens who are just in the wrong place and aren't wearing body armor.

seeker_two

• friend

9mm is better for putting down citizens who are just in the wrong place and aren't wearing body armor.

I thought the MP-7 was that funky 4.6mm gun...

...yep, I was right....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP-7
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend

...yep, I was right....

Oh, my mistake. I don't pay much attention to their guns that they won't sell to the proles.

seeker_two

• friend

...yep, I was right....

Oh, my mistake. I don't pay much attention to their guns that they won't sell to the proles.

....or can be afforded on a prole's paycheck....

Antibubba

• friend
You saw the movie about Lot and his daughters? 

Skip it--the language is way too salty.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
You saw the movie about Lot and his daughters? 

Skip it--the language is way too salty.

Thanks a lot  grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin