Author Topic: Poor Ellen D, bitten by the rules she forces on us  (Read 4552 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Poor Ellen D, bitten by the rules she forces on us
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »
So she's a moron who can't read a contract.
I don't know Ellen D, but if I were to venture a guess, it would be that she thought that, as a celebrity, rules and contracts didn't apply to her the same way they apply to "little people."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 05:22:10 AM »
If you tried to give away a baby for 'having too much energy', you'd most likely be looking at jail/prison time.

A good defense attorney would put other young parents on the jury.  Good chance they'd walk. Wink
Uh, no.  Likely they'd throw the book at them.  Most parents understand the deal, but also understand the obligation involved.

This is from a parent who's 3YO boy was granted, by popular accliam, "Most energetic in his class" by the parents of the other kids.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 06:07:40 AM »
Well, I'm just glad to know that the cops are doing important stuff like inforcing pet adoption contracts, instead of trivial stuff like catching murderers, rapists, armed robbers, burglars, etc ... rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:16 AM »
Why is this news?

The owner of the placement agency has had to close up shop after receiving numerous death threats and a nasty call for Ellen's publicist.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up going out of business.  I guess the rules don't apply to everyone.

If there was a violation of the contract with Ellen Degenerate, then that is a civil matter, and the pet place would need to sue to try to enforce the contract.

It would depend on the language of the contract and the laws in that state.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40:42 AM »
I think where TallPine lives, it would be a good idea to call first before one came over to repo the dog. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »
think where TallPine lives, it would be a good idea to call first before one came over to repo the dog.

That statement is more true than you know, and would apply to 95% of my neighbors as well.  Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »
Boohoo, but I'm a celebrity, boohoo...

another That 70's show Red quote...."Dumbass!"

I saw a clip on the news last night of Ellen quoting   "Apparently, I signed something that stated I couldn't give the dog away...."  Hmm, how about her employer refuse to honor her employment contract and see how she handles it.  That would be fun wouldn't it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul